Santa Fe, NM
Senior Manager, People and Culture
Santa Fe Community Foundation (SFCF) is inviting applications and nominations for a Senior Manager, People and Culture. This role is critical to shaping and implementing the Foundation’s strategy pertaining to organizational culture and staff development that advances the Foundation’s overarching strategic goals. Reporting to the President & CEO and collaborating closely with the Senior Vice President for Finance & Operations, this role will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of all internal human resource, people development, and organizational culture for the Foundation – aligning impactful culture change content foundation goals, coordinating strategic and responsive people development practices with colleagues and functions across the Foundation, and overseeing human resource systems to support the Foundation’s needs.
The Santa Fe Community Foundation is a philanthropic organization deeply rooted in the multiple cultures and values of New Mexico. The Foundation is devoted to building healthy and vital communities in the region by applying our diverse resources strategically and economically to advance equitable access to opportunities in Santa Fe and our surrounding communities. We envision a shared future for all New Mexicans where racial, cultural or economic differences do not limit access to health, education or employment; diverse audiences enjoy the many arts and cultural heritages of our region; and all sectors of our community take responsibility for ensuring a healthy environment.
Founded in 1981, the Foundation is a leader in providing innovative and impactful avenues for donors to satisfy their charitable intents and for nonprofit organizations to receive funding that will enable them to carry out their essential work in our communities. More information about the Foundation can be found at https://www.santafecf.org/.
Reporting to the President & CEO and collaborating closely with the Senior Vice President for Finance & Operations, the People and Culture Senior Manager will oversee and implement all aspects of the full employee lifecycle to ensure staff are supported, engaged, and motivated to do their best work. Reflecting the Foundation’s commitment to grantee and community partners, this role will also serve as a point of contact for ideas, recommendations, and resources around people and culture best practices, solutions, and service providers. The salary range for this position is $70-80K plus benefits.
The Senior Manager’s duties include but are not limited to:
People Growth and Development
- Planning, development, and implementation of people development programs to support the organization including stewarding the people component of SFCF’s strategic plan.
- Serving as an advisor to the SFCF’s leadership team, proactively identifying and improving areas of need regarding talent, structures, processes, and organizational culture.
- Building relationships with teams and leaders across the organization to increase communication and transparency and to provide teams with needed people development support.
- Guiding the organization’s values and culture in partnership with senior leadership – playing a critical role in creating strategies that promote employee engagement, development, performance, and retention and fostering a workplace that upholds equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Engaging with SFCF’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives to evaluate, modify, and implement equitable organization-wide policies and systems that embrace and advance diversity at all levels of the organization.
Human Resource Management
- Overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs, including the maintenance of employee data and information, compensation and benefits, organizational policies, and employee handbook that align with organizational values and comply with federal, country, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Serving as a tactful HR leader for employees to discuss and problem-solve confidential and personal experiences within the organization.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective recruiting strategy and relationships with recruiting partners to support SFCF’s overall talent needs.
- Recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of SFCF leaders, staff and interns, leveraging recruiting partner relationships as appropriate.
- Development, implementation, and continual improvement of SFCF’s equitable performance management system and related practices to ensure top performance and retention of talent.
- Providing for and directing supervisor training, including expectations of supervisors, practices for effective supervision and accountability for supervisee performance.
Project Management and Stakeholder Consultation
- Manages the operational plan and execution of people and culture budget and initiatives efficiently and effectively.
- Works closely with contractors or consultants to integrate services into SFCF’s processes and goals.
- Serves as a point of contact for grantee and community partners to offer ideas, recommendations, and resources as requested related to the strategic stewardship of people and culture.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is committed to the mission, values, goals and success of the Foundation, and will bring to the work many of the attributes below.
- Seven or more years of applicable experience in strategic human resources leadership, with the ability to draw on said experience and knowledge across many facets of the function, including employee recruitment and retention, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and personnel administration.
- Experience supporting a values-driven organization, especially one committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and continuously evaluating people and culture development policies, programs, and systems that support the mission and values of the organization and adhere with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to be effective in and comfortable with strategic thinking, project management, as well as tactical implementation.
- Excellent communications skills with intuitive ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- Experience building strong professional relationships, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, sound professional judgment, and high levels of integrity and accountability.
- Proven ability to be sensitive to the needs of employees, providing professional support, empathy, and patience needed to maintain a positive culture.
- Proactive, solutions-focused, and results-oriented, and able to work well in fast-paced environments and prioritize workload in response to dynamic contexts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience. A master’s degree in human resources, organizational development, executive coaching, or another relevant field is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent customer services.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment where the demands and directions of the work are often evolving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and relevant HR management applications and tools.
More information about the Santa Fe Community Foundation may be found at: www.santafecf.org
This search is being conducted with assistance from Linh Nguyen and Paola Peacock-Villada of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Santa Fe Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.